Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What Should My Title Be?

I’m not sure I should be writing this.
I'm not sure what I should say.
Should it rhyme?
Or shouldn’t it?

Truth be told
Even though I'm old
Enough to live alone
My parents should have known
That I cannot make a choice
As if I haven’t got a voice
To make a decision
Needs an immense amount of precision.

I'm a middle child
So my opinions are mild
I can’t choose a thing
Not even a ring-
Tone for my phone
Or when to go home
Chicken or beef?
Above or beneath?
What should I wear?
How shall I do my hair?

After a while
You no longer smile
When I cannot pick
And the clock starts to tick
You give up on waiting
Your mouth is salivating
Call over the waiter
“She’ll order later.”

But I cannot change my ways
Although it takes me days
To make up my mind
I am no way inclined
To speed up my thoughts
Since I was always taught
That every choice of mine
Should take me some time
To make sure I can see
What works best for me.

So if you don't mind
Although I am behind
This is the way I am
I’ll go as fast as I can
But when all is said and done
I'm not the number one
I am the number three
As central as can be
And it is my right
To win this one fight
So give me some time
I'm sure you’ll be fine.

On this matter lets close the lid
‘cause I'm just the middle kid.  



2 comments:

  1. A retired pediatrician once said, " first children should be reborn, as the ones in the middle are so much better adjusted". Whadya fink?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like the middle child has the ability to think it through, and I think that is very good for life.

    ReplyDelete